Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Drowning

When I began tipping the bottle back, it was intended to numb the pain, the pleasure. I don’t normally drink, but tonight I wanted the whole bottle. I didn’t even bother with a glass. Straight bourbon to still torrential emotions. Halfway through I wept. I don’t remember when the sobs turned to laughter, but it didn’t last long.

Now, the bottle is empty and I cannot remember why I needed it in the first place. I cannot even remember what I look like. I tried looking in the mirror, but I must have broken it. That explains all the blood.

This post was written based upon this week's 100 word prompt (pleasure) from velvet verbosity.


10 comments:

  1. This blew me away. Just...wow. Talk about painting a vivid picture, jaek.

    Thanks for visiting my blog. And welcome to 100 words! Posts like this are the reason why it's so much fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I can feel the pain and the emotions. Thank you for writing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the rollercoaster ride. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very organic. Succinct without glossing over the truth - well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHOA...... very nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is an amazing piece. Harsh and somehow sad at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. agreed - very intense. I like it!
    Sometimes, I suppose it's hard to remember that the cons of alcohol usually outweigh the pros.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Raw. I see sour sweat and 3 day growth, red rimmed eyes, and the scent of hard liquor filtered through the pores of skin.

    Welcome to the challenge!

    ReplyDelete